NEW AND EASIER APPLICATION PROCESS!
OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES
SUBMISSION DEADLINE November 25, 2019
The Art Around Town committee is happy to present an open call for entries for the ongoing exhibit at Petaluma Valley Hospital. You are invited to submit up to 5 images of your artwork for display.
Participants in this show are strongly encouraged to become members of the Petaluma Arts Center. Please explore this website for the many exciting activities happening at the Petaluma Arts Center.
Works must be appropriate for a hospital venue. No nudes or violent images. Keep in mind that we are encouraging healing and peace in our community.
Work will be juried for display in a hospital environment. The Art Around Town Committee reserves the right of refusal on all work that does not meet the requirements above.
This exhibition is open to any local artist who would like to exhibit in a public venue. Follow the directions below to submit your artwork online. There is a maximum of five (5) entries per person.
ARTWORK SPECIFICATIONS (determined by the venue)
- We accept 2-dimensional work only. Works on paper MUST be under glass or plexiglass and framed appropriately.
- Framed dimensions must be at least 14” x 14” and no more than 60” in height and width.
- All artwork must be wired and ready for hanging. NO saw-tooth hangers. Work not properly wired will be rejected at the time of presentation.
- Wet or unfinished work will not be accepted.
- No changes to titles, prices, etc. are permitted after delivery of artwork.
No fees but please support the Petaluma Arts Center community by becoming a member of PAC, if you are not already.
Sales will be handled by the Petaluma Arts Center, using the 80/20 commission structure. Checks will be sent to the artist upon purchase.
CALENDAR and DEADLINES
SUBMISSION DEADLINE, via the online submission form and emailing of images: Monday, November 25, 2019 by midnight.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE, via email: Friday, December 2, 2019, by the end of the business day.
DELIVERY OF ARTWORK: Deliver your artwork to Petaluma Valley Hospital Cafeteria on Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2019, between 3 and 6 PM.
PICK-UP ARTWORK: Pick up your artwork (or arrange for someone else to pick it up) from Petaluma Valley Hospital, on Wednesday, March 11, 2020, between 3 and 6 PM.
LOCATION OF VENUE: Petaluma Hospital is located at 400 N. McDowell Blvd, Petaluma CA, 94954
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- No later than November 25, 2019, complete and submit your online application found below.
- No later than November 25, 2019, send a jpeg of each image (up to 5 images per artist) to ArtAroundTown@petalumaartscenter.org.
- NOTE: your application is not complete, and your entry will not be considered for jurying, until you have done both steps, completed the form and pushed the “Submit” button and sent your images to our email.
- Download and print three forms (click on the form name to download): Liability Form, Artwork ID labels & Loan Agreement Form. Bring the completed forms with your artwork.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND CONTACT
For additional information you may email: ArtAroundTown@petalumaartscenter.org or call the Petaluma Arts Center at 707-762-5600
Petaluma Arts Center – Art Around Town online application
NOTE: after you submit your artwork information, the current submission will be displayed, but previous information will not show. Just keep going until you have submitted information on every submission. A representative of Art Around Town will confirm the number of paintings you have submitted.
NOTE: Complete up to five forms, one for each piece you are submitting
Step 2: Email the image(s) of your artwork to email@example.com Use the subject line “AAT #1”, “AAT #2”, etc. followed by your LAST NAME.
The application is not complete until you submit your images.
Thank you for sharing your art with our healing community at Petaluma Valley Hospital.